Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Friendship.



I’ve never had much love for cold people. I like to think that I’ve always surrounded myself with good people. A dying breed of decent human beings that are generally good at heart, I carefully selected and befriended with. I also like to think that I, myself, am not an evil person even if at times I act like a jackass and maybe offend some people. The truth is that I simply get bored and I like to push things a bit, just enough not to do any long term or permanent damage.
I’ve learned over the years that friendship is a hard thing to achieve. I know quite a lot of people that I may interact with on regular basis, yet I can only tag a handful of them as true friends, even though they are scattered hundreds of meters or kilometers apart, and some even in different countries striving for a better life. These are the people I can honestly say I have never, ever had a fight with. Maybe we had some minor arguments, but nothing serious, never. As a dear friend of mine once claimed, “All my friends are Gods”, and they truly are in my eyes.
To be honest I have never been the one to say these things I just wrote aloud, never cared that much for these… “corny” so-to-say statements. I always thought they were stupid, gay and childish to be honest. And they are! I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, because as the internet says “Friendship is like when you piss yourself, everyone can see it… but only you feel the warmth”. I’ve always found that statement funny, and quite accurate to tell the truth. So saying it makes no relevance.

No comments:

Post a Comment